Thursday, January 24, 2008

READY TO REACH OUT


I just had my first day off in a year and no, it wasn’t Christmas. It was 20 hours on a plane. With my job I am constantly traveling and working non-stop so often times, I don’t have the opportunity to share many of the things I know that can help people look their best. I decided on my “day off” that I would make a change this new year and take the time to start a journal on my website and share tips and experiences to help you on your journey of making the best of your body. I like to take the guesswork out of workouts. The most challenging part of deciding to do this was deciding where to begin with you. I have had years of success, changing people’s bodies against their genetics. I could write a book of do’s and don’ts. Then it occurred to me that I should start from where we are right now. A New Year and New Year’s Resolutions.

A very popular New Years resolution is getting in shape. Loosing weight. Dieting. I hear this all the time. People start out great in January and by February, their resolution has fallen by the wayside. The first thing wrong with this is that fitness should NOT be a resolution. You don’t mentally want to put working out in the same category as resolve which requires determination, perseverance, and mentally baby-sitting yourself to accomplish.

Would you ever say my New Years Resolution is I am going to shower, brush my teeth, and eat? These things are just route and you know what the effect of not doing them will be. Frankly, it is not even an option for any of us to let them slide day to day. We know what will happen if we did. If you don’t brush your teeth, your teeth are going to rot. You don’t shower and you are going to stink and look a mess. It is the same thing with your muscles. If you don’t use them and challenge them daily, your muscular structure will gain weight and you will get cellulite and bad skin tone. Your muscles will stop supporting you and you will physically rot. Now that is just a start of me motivating you to just GET your workout in. CONSISTENCY IS THE KEY.

No matter what it is that is on your plate, you have to make the commitment to be consistent. I don’t care who you are, how many kids you have running around, how many jobs you have, or if you are a celebrity, you can do this. We are all busy and we can all make excuses. It is hard for everyone to challenge him or herself physically. Shut out the noise and brush your teeth, workout, take a shower. Take care of your body. Well I think that is a fair start at reaching out. I don’t want to take up too much of your time. Check back in and we will get to the good superficial stuff like how to have the best butt EVER. Just get started by moving around a bit. Turn on some music for 30 min and dance about. Walk around the block. Just get mentally addicted to moving. Happy New Year and I look forward to sharing more of me with you!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. This is really inspiring.

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best in 2008, the future looks bright. This is inspiring, thank you! ;-)

From a grateful friend...

Anonymous said...

I love reading your entries! I really need to get off my butt. Gwyneth looks so beautiful right now her body is really rocking! Any studios set to open anywhere other than LA??

Anonymous said...

Tracy-
I know you from back in the day and all I can say in YOU ROCK!
The site looks awesome and I am so proud of you. Continue to inspire me!!!

Anonymous said...

I saw you last evening on the News with Paul Magers. I have always danced (mostly alone in my bedroom)... I don't have the body you have (unfortunately) and I have never been trained. HOWEVER, I have always felt my BEST working out with dance. I'm 56 years young and just ordered your DVD, I'm going down DANCING!...
I really want to try your HBR! TOTALLY makes sense... and I'll bet it feels FABULOUS! Best of Luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Well talk about someone who sticks with it. I have watched and listened to Tracy sing and dance since she was a baby. Congratulations sweetheart, you are looking great and doing what you want. Come visit us in Chicago sometime.

Uncle Steve

Anonymous said...

holy shit can I say that??? Please share with us what you do with Madonna and Gwyneth! How hard do we really have to work? How can we make changes if we aren't by a studio? More Help! Will you open a studio in San Diego?

Anonymous said...

I live in Manhattan and about 10 of my friends and I have been hearing that Tracy is opening a studio here. Where? When? We are dying and can't wait! The city is tired of Pilates. Can you please post something to let us know! The blog is great but we want to go to the studio!


Jen Hudson

Anonymous said...

I am a client at the studio in LA and was so happy to see Tracy at the studio. She came up and spoke with me and was really motivating. She really lighs up the room and she looks amazing. I would like to say that I really noticed her arms and that is something I want to change. I saw her doing some moves with a woman that I don't see at the studio. I wanted to ask if we could please have a get Tracy's arms program. My program never really targets the arms and now I am wanting to make a change. Thanks and love the new website as well!

nomadic said...

I just discovered Tracy thanks to an article in the Daily Mail about Madonna. I was so intrigued that I logged on to the website and have now ordered the DVD. Having spend £££'s and years in gyms where I only seem to have added bulk, it was an inspiration and a relief to learn there is a better way to exercise. It is also a relief that any body shape will benefit, I have been told so many times I am curvy so will never be small, now I know I can disagree and prove them wrong. I live on a small island in the Med and don't expect a studio to open so can't wait for the DVD to arrive! Thanks Tracy...

Kerin said...

I am so inspired by your website (thankfully I read the Daily Mial online). I am short too and always feel chubby and bulky! I need help! I'm going to order the DVD as well and try my darndest to become addicted to moving. You look gorgeous and I love the fact that you want to help everyone feel their best not just the celebrity crowd. And you say we can all be lean!! Thanks for the motivation.

Anonymous said...

Any chance you will open a studio in London any time soon? I read in an article that youre planning on doing so, but would be great to know whether this is true or not. And when will this be?
Many thanks

Anonymous said...

I'm finding it almost impossible to naturally lose the last few post baby pounds. Being petite before, took THAT totally for granted, I thought it would be easy just to pop back into shape hahahhahahahahaahaha!!!!! My muscles have buggered off and left me! Now I read your diary, I'm going power walking in the rain with my ipod. Just moved to Switzerland from the UK so it's making it extra hard cos my german's not that great yet and I can't understand the gym classes! Don't suppose you'd consider nipping over...!!!??

julesm said...

LOVE you Tracy your dance dvd has changed my body already but now I'm hungry for more! Can't wait for your next dvd and also are there any plans to set up studios in the UK? Demand must be through the roof! You rock!xxx