Monday, February 11, 2008

MOVE TO THE BEAT

I am a very musically motivated person. In fact when I am creating new routines, I probably spend half of my time on choreography and the other half on picking the music. As you can see from the photos I am always working on playlists! I was in NY this week and taught an event. After class I was asked so many times for my music that I’ve decided to post a modified version of the class playlist. All the songs are available on itunes. Great music makes such a difference. If the music inspires you, you will want to move, shake, and put your entire body into feeling it. This equals major points in terms of results. Doing dance as your cardio is so important for a sexy body. I can’t stress it enough. Before you run out and sign up for a dance class, you have to be careful. (well first of all, you should never run! Running bulks the legs.) Most dance classes are stop and go because you are learning to dance. This is great if you want to learn to be a dancer but if you are just looking for a sexy, dancer type body, you have to be smart with your time. You have to keep your heart rate up to burn calories. We are focused on results not highly technical dance technique. We don’t have time to let our heart rates drop. I recommend first of all if you are not a dancer or if you are not a great cardiovascular performer that you spend some time making a killer play list for yourself. Make it 30 min. Put on your tennis shoes and dance to the beat baby. Shake, turn, do jumping jacks. Just keep moving and changing around the types of moves you are doing. After you get comfortable with that, grab my dance cardio video and learn the dance routines. They are carefully designed to hit your muscles in very specific rotations for amazing results. Once you memorize them, do them with me or to your own play list. I have a new video coming out soon so if you get bored with these routines there are more to come!!!


Tip of the month: Girls when working on your arms do high reps and NEVER more than three pounds!!


PLAYLIST:
  1. Come to me (Peace): Mary J Blige
  2. Jump (Extended): Madonna
  3. Beware of the dog: Jamelia
  4. Numb/Encore: Jay-Z & Linkin Park
  5. Give it up: Pharell Williams & Twista
  6. Little lover's so polite (The gray area remix): Silver Sun Pickups
  7. Don't stop the music (Solitaire's more drama remix): Rihanna
  8. Break the ice: Britney Spears
  9. Give it to me (Dance remix) (Matrix & Dapp work your body mix) Timbaland feat Justin
  10. Lose Control (feat Ciara & Fat Man Scoop): Missy Elliott
  11. Ring the alarm( Freemasons club mix): Beyonce

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy, I am just thrilled to read that you plan to release a new video soon! Can you please tell us more about the workout and when it will be available?
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dance Aerobics!!! I own hundreds of workout videos but yours has quickly become my favorite - I love the intensity, the format (instructional and workout modes), the variety of dance styles, the music. So much fun! Can I make a suggestion for the new workout? It would be wonderful to have the option of doing just the uptempo review and the actual workout for each segment. I find that the quick review is useful to get the most out of the workout. Thanks!

Frieda said...

Can someone still do your workout without having pervious dance experience?

Madonnasworld said...

i am a big fan of dance aerobics,its a great way to stay in shape and have fun doing.... it, i look forward to purchasing your dvd and will tell my friends good luck and hope to see u release more dvds soon

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy,

I read about you on the Daily mail website and your method sounds great.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=542948&in_page_id=1879


You say in this blog entry that we should never run as it bulks up the muscles, but you're quoted as saying we should run for 30 mins, mixing it up by sprinting, galloping and skipping. Is this a misquote then? I run a lot and I build muscle pretty quickly so I'm thinking that this must be the reason why my legs are still chunky? Thanks! Jenny

Na said...

thanks for this blog. i really want to read more of your posts.. so im excited if u post more stuff in the future.

today i tried all your arm moves and i felt it right away. i had been doing the same old moves but yours gave me a new way and i love it.

and you're the first person i've heard to say use low weights.. i gain muscle veyr easy. i have so much already naturally.. and finally!!! to hear you talk about all this stuff is just so encouraging.

keep going.

Ma++hew said...

hi Tracy, I've just discovered your site and am impressed. I would like your advice on something. I'm a guy and I can't put weight on!!! There is so much focus on people losing weight, but what about us that want to bulk up a little and look good!! Is it possible when you are really skinny?!!!!